Smoothies are one of my absolute favorite ways to get extra nutrients into my body to help detox, torch fat, support lean muscle tissue growth, and improve gut health.
What’s not to love about all of that, PLUS it can be taken on the go, and only takes 5 minutes to make!
Pretty much, they rock my world, and if you’re not adding smoothies in your diet you are majorly missing out!
Okay, so moving on…here is one my simple, go-to, nutrient packed smoothies to fire up your metabolism.
- 1 cup of ice
- 1-2 cups of water
- 20g of protein powder (I use vanilla Whey)
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1.5 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup organic, plain greek yogurt or keifir
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- If you have a high powered blender like a Blendtec or Vitamix then simply add all ingredients together and blend.
- If not, add the spinach and blueberries with the water first, blend until smooth, and then add remaining ingredients.
- Enjoy for breakfast or anytime during the day. For post workout exclude the coconut flakes and sub in raw honey or stevia, to minimize fat content while still adding a bit of sweetness. For more details on post-workout nutrition check out my blog >>> Post Workout Nutrition Do’s & Dont’s.