This is a super simple and filling recipe that my husband and I both love.
You can scale it to fit your needs, but we like to make enough to have leftovers the next day for lunch, which I highly recommend. I pretty much do that with dinner as much as possible to keep thing easy, because I’m all about that!
So give it a try and enjoy!
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- 4 Bell Peppers
- 1.5-2 lbs of ground beef (grass fed if possible) depending on how much you want to stuff the peppers
- 1/2 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 (6 oz ) can diced green chiles
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/2 TBS garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper (optional)
- 2-3 TBS of hot sauce or 1 TBS red pepper flakes (optional for added spiciness)
- 1-2 TBS coconut oil (for sauteing)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1-2 TBS coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients 5-11 to meat mix.
- While cooking, slice peppers in half (vertical length wise) and remove seeds and stems.
- Add meat mixture to peppers and place peppers on a baking sheet or baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until peppers begin to soften.
- Top with avocado, hot sauce, cilantro, and/or organic cheese or sour cream.
Hope you like!